Key Stats: Janet Napolitano, Obama's Pick for the Department of Homeland Security

Sources are saying that Janet Napolitano has been tapped to head the Department of Homeland Security.

Just who is this Janet Napolitano? Is she just another Clinton insider, or will she finally bring that "change" Obama keeps talking about?

To sort out just who this Napolitano is, here are a few key stats to help you get to know the Arizona Governor.

Age: 50, but she has a birthday in just 9 days! Happy birthday Janet, here's a new job!

Place of Birth: New York City

Considered Likely to Succeed By Her High School Class: Yes

Basketball Skills: Yes, she has guest coached the University of Arizona Women's Basketball team (PDF).

Plays Well With Republicans: Probably not. She was Anita Hill's attorney during that whole Clarence Thomas thing.

Family Status: Single

Currently Employed By: The state of Arizona where she serves as Governor.

Connection to the Clintons: She was appointed as U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona by Bill Clinton.

Homeland Security Experience: She is Governor of a border state, so when Mexican President Felipe Calderon rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Arzona.

See Also:
Eric Holder, Attorney General

Do you think Janet Napolitano is a good choice?
Yes951 (40.5%)
No1399 (59.5%)
Filed Under: Obama Administration

80%

Hot Seat - The Religious Right

Hot Seat - Obama's U.N. Speech

Hot Seat - Health Care Worker Shortage

Hot Seat - Ditch Bipartisanship?

Hot Seat - Federal Funding for ACORN?