John Edwards' Wife Elizabeth Edwards Wants to Meet Rielle Hunter's Daughter

Elizabeth Edwards seemingly has had a change of heart about the reported illegitimate daughter of her husband John Edwards and mistress Rielle Hunter. According to a new story in the National Enquirer, Elizabeth Edwards wants to personally meet the 22-month old Frances Quinn Hunter and is encouraging her husband to meet Hunter's demands for child support of almost $18,000 a month.
The Enquirer reports that Elizabeth Edwards is motivated by her belief that the child should have a relationship with her father, as well as her desire to avoid a public fight over child support payments.
Although Elizabeth is still angry about Hunter, "she can't stand the idea of Rielle going public with their dirty laundry in court. She instructed John to have his lawyers call Rielle's people and say they're giving her what she wants," a source told the Enquirer.
Elizabeth is "going to meet Rielle's little girl face to face over the next few weeks," according to the Enquirer's source.
The about-face of Elizabeth Edwards comes after interviews during her book tour in which she said she did not know the girl's paternity and would never say the name of her husband's mistress.
In August, when Edwards reportedly bought Hunter a house near his family's $2.6 million waterfront mansion in North Carolina, Elizabeth was supposedly so infuriated, she started packing a suitcase and threatening to leave him.
By December, the Enquirer reported that Edwards refused to let Hunter move in to the house in North Carolina after they fought over child support payments.
John Edwards, the two-time Democratic presidential candidate and former senator from North Carolina, admitted to having affair with Hunter, with the caveat that "it happened during a period after [Elizabeth] was in remission from cancer."
He has not, however, publicly admitted he is the father of Hunter's child. Edwards was reportedly preparing to release a statement admitting paternity, but pulled back when child support negotiations with Hunter broke down after she demanded more money in the settlement.
The possibility of a public court hearing comes after private financial negotiations between Hunter and Edwards reportedly broke down when she demanded an annual $214,920 in child support.
Legal documents obtained by Radaronline.com appear to be communications between Hunter and her attorney Frank Louis in preparation for bringing the child support dispute before the Superior Court of New Jersey, where Hunter currently lives.
Follow me on Twitter @EmilyMillerDC
Filed Under: Emily's Post

80%

2 Comments

Filter by:
noneybray

Wow, she is bold! I wonder if she will have a psychiatrist and psychologist on hand whe she confronts the mother of the bastard child???? Will she be able to inform the child how she was conceived and if not now, how soon? So Mrs. Edwards has to suffer financially and emotionally??? Poor woman, she and her children should have never deserved this. I wonder in 20 years from now if the bastard child will utilize her "famous bastardization" or be "ashamed and go off quietly, change her name and never bring her "parentage" up???? Why do I have a feeling that her mother will make her into a a "bastardized celebrity"???? Like Paris Hilton except Paris is Legitimate!

July 01 2010 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to noneybray's comment
GOD IS LOVE

You have too much to say about someone who is just a toddler. Attack the culprits, not the victim (if you must). On a personal note, being a "bastard" child myself, I've taught hundreds (probably thousands) of students within my "bastard" life and have made a positive influence on so many people throughout my "bastard" life. Don't count that little girl OR her mother short. You have no idea what life has in store for them. They're going to be just fine (if you MUST know).

P.S. Only one erotome is needed for a sentence.

July 01 2010 at 6:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply