Charles Krauthammer Slams Sarah Palin, Jim DeMint Over Delaware Endorsement

On Monday's edition of Fox News' "Special Report with Bret Beir," columnist Charles Krauthammer criticized former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska and Sen. Jim Demint (R-S.C.) for endorsing Delaware Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell over moderate Rep. Mike Castle.

Here's an excerpt:
Krauthammer: The Palin endorsement, I think, is disruptive and capricious. Bill Buckley had a rule that he always supported the most conservative candidate who was electable, otherwise the vote is simply self-indulgence.

Beir: Now Jim DeMint, from South Carolina, also endorsed Christine O'Donnell.

Krauthammer: equally capricious and irresponsible. I'm not sexist on this. It's a big mistake. ...
He went on to add, "Delaware is not Alaska."

You can watch the video here:
Outbrain - The Most Trusted Content Discovery Platform

Get Your Content Discovered.

Promote your content on premium websites

Learn More ›

Outbrain Amplify:
Get your content discovered

Your content will be promoted on the web's largest and most respected media properties, including CNN.com, Slate and ESPN. We make sure it's seen precisely when people will find it most interesting.

Learn More

Outbrain Engage: The solution for a modern publisher

Outbrain Engage is a full stack software solution that empowers an entire media organization to more effectively manage its online content and programming experience.

Learn More

The world's largest content discovery platform

We bring together premium publishers and marketers of all sizes (including many of the world's leading brands) into the world's largest and most vibrant content marketplace. Learn more about Outbrain ›

561 Million

The global audience reached by Outbrain each month*

190 Billion

The total recommendations we serve consumers monthly

80%

Of the world’s leading brands use Outbrain

* Audience reach according to comScore, September 2014. Leading brands via Ad Age DataCenter / Kantar Media, 2014.

Andy Blau
We selected Outbrain not only because the revenues were higher than others, but because its engine drives better recommendations than others.
Andy Blau
Senior Vice President, Group General Manager
Time Inc.
Dan Horowitz
It's less about buying traffic than it is about reaching the right people with relevant headlines to get them to your content.
Dan Horowitz
EVP and Senior Partner
Fleishman-Hillard Digital
Katrina Craigwell
Our goal is always to deliver content that adds value to the conversations being held by the end user. Outbrain allows us to do just that.
Katrina Craigwell
Global Manager of Digital Marketing
GE
Bailey Foote
The fact that we’re able to drive these kinds of transactions with consumers at scale and with increasing efficiency has made Outbrain paramount to our marketing strategy.
Bailey Foote
E-commerce Manager
The Line
Neal Moore
You cannot leave it to chance that someone will find and engage with your content. Outbrain can put your content in the midst of the world’s most prestigious publications.
Neal Moore
CEO
Click2View
Zach Zavos
Having links to our content appearing directly on premium publisher sites helped us establish our brand.
Zach Zavos
Co-Founder
Conversant Media
Mike Brito
Outbrain is one of those [critical] components helping us deliver the right messages to the right contingent at massive scale and in real time to counter a crisis.
Mike Brito
Group Director
WCG

A global footprint of service

We operate offices in 11 global territories and we partner with publishers and marketers in over 55 countries, including the U.S., UK, France, Brazil, India and Japan. Come join us ›

gonzmay1

I love CK and turn on the news to get his take but in this case I really disagree with he and Rove. I think he is leaning too heavily on conventional wisdom about "electibility" and status...I am amazed that this is such an upset when Mike Castle has been in office for 30 years and has voted for some of the most heinous offenses to our Republic and supports Obamacare! I want fresh blood to challenge the establishment right now. Castle ought to graciously support O'Donnell and share the privilege he has enjoyed for so long. The Republican party should support who the people elect to represent them! 12 year Term Limits!

September 15 2010 at 10:46 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jlopesconcrete

The best explanation for the left’s and rino's bizarre Palin obsession is status-anxiety. Status-anxiety occurs when a person believes that their position in a real or imagined social hierarchy is threatened. Leftists react emotionally to Palin because of the threat she poses to their own individual sense of status. All their other arguments are just put forth to rationalize that emotional reaction. In short, it is not the ideas she puts forth, its that someone like her is significant at all. You see, they are the ruling class and we are the slaves. This is why taxes have nothing to do with paying down debt or funding social programs and everything to do with power over the people.

September 14 2010 at 7:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hgurnsr

My apologies to Mr. Krauthammer, I didn't think he was very intelligent. But his remarks make perfect sense. Palin, DeMint, and Bachman think they can point at ANY candidate and say " you shall be elected ". A classic example of the inmates running the asylum.

September 14 2010 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy Zaplatynsky

Republicans lost control of Washington because George W. Bush and Co. sold out to so called pragmatists and went down the path of expediency. This is one of those rare occasions when I completely disagree with Charles Krauthhammer. Having Mr. Castle as a GOP senator from Delaware would be no different than having a Democrat. We have bastardized the English language. Mr. Castle is not a moderate, he is a full blown liberal. Good luck, Ms. O'Donnell!

September 14 2010 at 12:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

While it is true that Dr. Krauthammer is conservative, Mike Castle certainly is NOT! To say that Mike Castle is a RINO is not quite accurate. He is an Obama-publican. Why re-elect him if he votes with the left a majority of the time? I'll take my chances with an unknown rather than send Castle back to DC. I'm a constitutionalist who has lived in Delaware my entire life. Mike Castle does not deserve to be re-elected.

September 13 2010 at 10:27 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
Thane Eichenauer

I would think that a newspaper columnist would be able to dig up a better adjective that capricious. I have a hard time believing that he thinks that DeMint and Palin both made an endorsement solely on impulsiveness. When he says that Palin's endorsement is disruptive I think that we all really know that means he disagrees with O'Donnell being endorsed. Perhaps DeMint and Palin should call Krauthammer before they make endorsements to make sure that impulsive, disruptive and irresponsible actions can be nipped in the bud.

September 13 2010 at 10:07 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
cruisedoc

I know what it's like to dislike Dr. Krauthammer. I once did. After reading & listening to him more, I find myself watching for a CK article or interview to see what his take is. He is a fellow physician and an extremely intellegent man. If I'm honest, I didn't care for him because I didn't want to hear what he was saying ...the truth often hurts a bit. Plus, his personality is, well, cold. I've found it's just his way of being blunt with the facts. I find him less partisan than most. He just calls it as he sees it, and usually the way it is. I don't see him as overly conservative, and he certainly is no ideolog. He has an acute understanding of cause-effect. If he is conservative, it is because logic and analysis brought him there. Being a Hillary supporter, I would hate when he came on & said she wasn't going to win it ...early on, when most thought she would win it. I listen to all the pundits, and note how often they're right & wrong. I have learned to pay attention to what he says.

September 13 2010 at 10:03 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
GLO

Wow, Krauthammer finally said something that wasn't partisan politics at it's worst.

September 13 2010 at 9:37 PM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
andrc657

They don't make them much further to the right than Charles Krauthammer. So if he is against Palin's endorsement of Christine O'Donnell in Delaware she must be really out there. The republican internecine battles commence.

September 13 2010 at 9:01 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply