Christine O'Donnell on 'Politically Incorrect': 'I Dabbled Into Witchcraft'

That sly come hither stare ... it's witchcraft?

Christine O'Donnell, the new "it" girl for conservatives, continues to provide for interesting commentary. As reported by Think Progress on last night's episode of "Real Time," host Bill Maher ran a previously unseen late 1990s clip of O'Donnell from his old show, "Politically Incorrect." During the clip, O'Donnell discusses having dabbled in witchcraft:

O'DONNELL: I dabbled into witchcraft - I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. ... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. [...]

One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that. ... We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar.

To be fair, O'Donnell is not the only candidate in the race with an interesting background. In a paper he wrote for college, Delaware's Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate, Chris Coons, described himself as a "bearded Marxist."

This could be the first race in history that pits someone who dabbled in witchcraft versus someone who dabbled in Marxism.

You can watch the "Politically Incorrect" clip here:

girouxco533

It's about time.

September 25 2010 at 9:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Keith b ur daddy

Leave her be, teenagers do some crazy stuff, we all do as teenagers. think back to that one moment in your youth when you did something you regret today. It happens, so let her speak and if we dont like her views today, we do not have to vote for her. Dont you just love having the freedom to vote for whoever you want?

September 25 2010 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
willowreed

Yanno...This O'Donnell person.. obviously does not know how to do anything in public. Really...why even SAY anything like that when your voter base is primarily christian. She seems to be even less qualified than palin. which is scary if you ask me.

September 25 2010 at 7:13 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
hunchr6

Republicans are not defending witchcraft , they are defending Christine from Democrates who are trying to smear her for something she did in the past but is no longer involved in. Beside I didn't hear anyone complain when Hillary Clinton had a sayonce (mispelled) in the White House when Bill was Presidenr.

September 25 2010 at 12:24 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
sgerlyn

O'Donnell did this is HIGH SCHOOL! Come on folks. Study what each candidate stands for and wants to do if elected.

September 24 2010 at 2:42 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
buttrumcl

All of Obamas Czars are much weirder than Christine O'Donnell will ever be, and He hand picked them.

September 24 2010 at 11:57 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Rick

what next they would not look into the deals Obama made, the Clinton affairs, Cabinet appointees not paying taxes, if this is all they can dig up on her she has my vote.

September 24 2010 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Rick's comment
willowreed

That whole geitner thing still makes me mad. If I didn't pay my taxes (oopsies I forgot) I would end up being fined and possibly with a jail sentence. I really think the president needs to stop doing things like that.

September 25 2010 at 7:14 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
The Ralle's

Not much there to be concerned about. We elected a president who dabbled in worse stuff. What's important is: Patriotism, ideals, ability.

September 23 2010 at 10:20 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
hhassociates1

My friend no matter who you run or what party that they belong to, we are on freedom road, and we will not be turn back by no one or party! you do what you need to do and we will do what we need to do! BUT, I can assure you that we will overcom poverty and racism. sooner than you think. This is a new day, new blood and new ideals that are real.

September 23 2010 at 7:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
netsuke3

So let's see we have religious freedom but not for "wiccans".Dabbled like I went to a Buddhist temple or I visited a Mosque.Heaven forbid that I read the Book of Mormons.Many politicians have made flaky statements (Vice President of the US,Joseph Biden)Ah,that's the key--IT"S DELAWARE !!!Ease off -fight the fight-if she runs smart she may surprise us.

September 22 2010 at 10:43 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to netsuke3's comment
willowreed

yeah..freedom for muslims to do whatever THEY want but not freedom to really be any religion. actually..this country was not founded on religious freedom. not at all. it was based on the fact that there would be no 'state' religion... in fact the only few states that actually promoted religious freedom would have been rhode island (which was truly relgious freedom at the start, at least for a while) and pennsylvania (they mostly wouldn't burn you if you weren't quaker), and possibly the settlement of manhattan. outside of that good luck if you weren't of the protestant faith. So...when you say religious 'freedom' it really does not mean for all...

September 25 2010 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply