Is Richard Blumenthal Married?

Dan Gibson

Richard Blumenthal, attorney general of Connecticut, is running for senator from Connecticut against the Republican nominee, Linda McMahon, the former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. As part of a Politics Daily series providing background about the major candidates in 2010, here are some answers to frequently asked questions about his life.

Is Richard Blumenthal Married?

Yes.

Who is Richard Blumenthal's wife?

Blumenthal's wife is the former Cynthia Malkin.

How old is Richard Blumenthal 's wife?

Cynthia Blumenthal is 49 years old.

What does Richard Blumenthal 's wife do for a living?

Cynthia Blumenthal is listed either as a homemaker or as "not employed" on campaign finance statements. Her family has a well-to-do real-estate business, whose holdings include the Empire State Building.

How long have Richard Blumenthal and his wife been married?

Richard and Cynthia Blumenthal have been married for 28 years.

How and when did Richard Blumenthal and his wife meet?

Blumenthal met his bride to be at a lawn party in Greenwich, Conn. The Hartford Courant notes that he was partnered with her in a doubles game of tennis, playing against her parents. When he asked her what she did for a living, she replied she was still in school. The 31-year-old Blumenthal was shocked to find out that by "school," Cynthia Allison Malkin meant high school -- she was just 16 at the time!

Were either Richard Blumenthal or his wife married before?

This is the first marriage for both Richard and Cynthia Blumenthal.

Does Richard Blumenthal have children?

Blumenthal has four children. His oldest, Matthew, graduated in September from the U.S. Marine Academy. His other children are Michael, David and Claire.

Does Richard Blumenthal have grandchildren?

No.

Read Richard Blumenthal's full bio on his official website.

ALSO SEE: How Old Is Richard Blumenthal?

Tell us what you think about this post. Send feedback to AOL News here.

Follow AOL News on Facebook and Twitter.

80%

FEATURED VIDEO

View All »

Discover inspiring videos on TEDWomen where people are reshaping our future with ideas.

View the Video »

Politics Home Page : Roll Call