'I'll Take You Out, Buddy!': Carl Paladino Clashes With Reporter

Things got testy between New York Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino and New York Post reporter Fred Dicker on Wednesday over the paper's coverage of a daughter Paladino had out of wedlock.

The New York Times reports that Paladino has been angry over press inquiries about the daughter he fathered during an extramarital affair with a former employee 10 years ago. Paladino has intimated, without providing evidence, that Andrew Cuomo -- whom Paladino trails in the gubernatorial race -- had affairs of his own and that the media have not investigated.

On Wednesday, Dicker questioned Paladino about his criticism of Cuomo. Tempers flared to the point that Paladino's aides separated the two men.

"I want to know why you sent your goons after my daughter, Fred. You send another goon to my daughter's house and I'll take you out, buddy!" Paladino says in the grainy, ill-lit video, recorded on a bystander's cellphone.

Comments

Comments are no longer accepted for this topic.
rjmmillis

The headline is wrong on this story, it should read New York Post reporter Fred Dicker harassing Paladinos ten year old daughter.

September 30 2010 at 12:34 PM
davandlyd

And like always, when someone from an opposing political party gets caught with his pants down (pun intended!!) any level of civility, decorum, or intelligence shows up on the floor, too.

September 30 2010 at 12:26 PM
jebby1

this election is really a contest between traditional human values and the left-wing heartless media.

September 30 2010 at 12:25 PM +1
jebby1

:) out of wedlock sex is only a personal and a private when it's a Democrat involved.

September 30 2010 at 12:24 PM +5
truvntg

I don't know whether I'm more embarrassed for and/or ashamed of Mr. Paladino. As a registered Republican I tend to follow the party lines, but Mr. Paladino's politics and behavior are clearly out of line. His agressive/confrontation nature are counterproductive and in fact working against him! I am also most concerned about the "gangster" image he has recently projected during his latest confrontation with the reporter. He is doing a great harm to his party, his state, and Italian-Americans. This latest public exchange has in fact convinced me that he is clearly NOT a viable candate for Governor. Sorry Carl! Andrew's my guy this time!

September 30 2010 at 12:21 PM -3
beemerboxer

Just another part of dirty politics by people who should be deemed unfit to partake in them. Great GOP candidate, that's for sure!

September 30 2010 at 12:20 PM
salmo60

As a former resident of Buffalo, New York (for 52 years) nothing that Carl Paladino says suprises me. He built his real estate empire on low cost government loans (Socialism) and now has the audacity to complain about how New York State is run. Paladino is part of the problem with New York, not the solution. For as long as I can remember he was "Carl the Whiner". "I need a tax break for this, I need this property condemmed so I can buy it for pennies on the dollar" and on and on. Funny how he condems Cuomo on morality issues but Paladino cheated on his wife and has an illegimate child. Perhaps for some immoral behavior means nothing. When you run for office you life is an open book. Paladino can thank Karl Rove for that. Good luck with the Socialist Paladino, New York!

September 30 2010 at 12:20 PM -1
Buckingham's

Anybody who has gone in to politics knows that the press is going to be digging for dirt. If Carl Palidino wants to play lumberjack, he's going to have to handle his end of the log.

September 30 2010 at 12:18 PM +2
olearb382

One`s morals and sex life should be off the tables. Its confidential and private but one`s life that involves corruption, tax cheating, dishonesty, and any aspect that has to do with one`s integrity is fair game. If one uses unlawful or deceipt methods to achieve "wealth" then it should be made public. We the voters need to know for we select our future leaders for what they are.

September 30 2010 at 12:17 PM +5
nativesigrl

You have to admit, alot of the journalists today are slimeballs....do anything to get a story. So, if someone were stalikg my family, you better believe I'd say the same thing. Palladino is not exactly wrong, in this matter. he's just saying what everyone else is thinkung.

September 30 2010 at 12:11 PM +6

FEATURED VIDEO

Discover inspiring videos on TEDWomen where people are reshaping our future with ideas.

View the Video »