Linda McMahon Ad Hits Richard Blumenthal on Vietnam Comments

It's the ad we've been waiting for since May.

Connecticut GOP senate nominee Linda McMahon is out with a new TV ad, hitting Attorney General Richard Blumenthal for misrepresenting his military record.

The spot includes images of Blumenthal misstating his record, saying he "served in Vietnam."

The ad ends with the narrator saying: "If he lied about Vietnam, what else is he lying about?"

You can view the ad here:

savage265

I am sorry being an Viet Nam era vet does imply to people who don't know the differance between a Viet Nam era vet and a Viet Nam vet, to use the term Viet Nam era vet cheapens the vet who actually served there. I served there and I think it is slap in the face.

October 04 2010 at 6:14 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
motorprops

Anyone who heard the whole speech (including all the fox reporters) know that several times he stated that he served stateside during the Vietnam era. All they play is the one time he mispoke. Unlike the steroid pushing Linda, Bluminthal has done a lot for the workers in Ct.

October 04 2010 at 5:32 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
BACKSEAT71

I served and had to put up with a liar as President for 8 years saying he didn't dodge going to Nam. Anyone lying about their service and still getting elected just proves there are bigger idiots out there that elect them. It is a big deal. They need a law to make "them" pay in some way for their deceitful ways. Brand them with a big red "C" on their forehead for COWARD.

October 04 2010 at 5:30 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Vietnam Veteran

I served in Vietnam and have the DD-214 to prove it!! Liar!!!

October 04 2010 at 5:10 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
drb107

When did America ever care about Vietnam? ooops I forgot someone is trying to get elected, everybody loves Vietnam vets, and Vietnam era vets at election time

October 04 2010 at 4:15 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
gamay9

When I was stationed in Germany I was offered a commission after 90 days of OCS (Oficers Candidate School) and turned it down. Some of my best friends re-upped for Vietnam. Later I felt guilty but a Vietnam Vet said I was right to go home and I was lucky and sould feel no guilt. Like Blementhal, I was Vietnam Era, but he made it clear on several occassions that he was a liar, contending he actually served in Vietnam. My friends, that is not someting said out of context - it is a bold-faced lie. One doesn't make a mistake about something so serious in one's life. It's worse than faking a resume, like 'graduating from college' when not even attending or flunking out.

October 04 2010 at 4:03 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

As the wife of a vietnam vet, I cannot understand why any vet or military family member would vote for this man. He is a want to be who never was! Shameful!! We donot need his kind in the senate!

October 04 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Benchmark Values

I applaud the policy. We're interested in hearing the other point of view and trying to understand it, not name-calling.

October 04 2010 at 2:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sadmaawk

I served in the military from 1970 till 1973, I never even suggested that I went to Nam, out of respect for those that did, and never lived to come home. For the Attorney General of a state to attempt to gain a higher office by supplementing his facts with a bit of fiction makes me wonder how many times he lied to get the AG gig, and how many not so guilty people may have unwittingly helped him get there. A man that would lie, (about anything) sitting in that office is really dangerous.

October 04 2010 at 2:34 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply