Missing Christine O'Donnell Video: 'Dirty Politics' or Missed Deadline?

Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell suggested "dirty politics" was the reason a 24-minute campaign video about her did not run on Channel 28, a local cable station, but a station official said it was because the O'Donnell campaign didn't deliver the video on time.

"They were supposed to have the tape to us on Friday and they didn't get it here until Sunday," executive producer Tim Qualls said in an interview. He said the earliest the video could air would be 3 p.m. Monday because that's when an employee will arrive at Comcast to put it on. "We followed through with what we're supposed to. If they don't give me a tape, there's nothing I can do about it," he added.

O'Donnell repeatedly promoted the video Sunday on her Twitter feed, saying it would run at 11:30 on Sunday night. But shortly after that she tweeted, "Okay... this is NOT our show! Must be a programming mix up. We will get back to you..."

Next came a tweet that urged people to watch the video at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday -- followed by "This isn't our show either! We are told channel 28 'forgot' to air it...both times... even though we paid for the time slot last week." And finally, "Dirty politics again? I'd like to think the County run station really did just 'forget' even though we reminded them this morning."

The station did run the video on its website, and it is also available via O'Donnell's campaign. Set to mellow, New-Agey music, it is a montage of O'Donnell on the campaign trail, including a visit to a packing facility that employs people with Down syndrome, and featurettes of people who agree with her positions, such as a doctor who opposes the new health care law. There's also a clip of O'Donnell from her "I'm you" ad, but minus the opening in which she says, "I'm not a witch."

O'Donnell is running behind Democrat Chris Coons for the Senate seat once held by Vice President Joe Biden. His appointed successor, Ted Kaufman, is leaving the Senate.

Follow Jill Lawrence on Facebook and Twitter

xredoaksfarmx

Why is it that when there isnt a cogent argument, or a winnable argument we bring up the "black man" spector and start the hate speech to divert from the actual convesation at hand. Why cant we just agree this was a rotten thing to do to a candidate and that some in the media have fallen to a new low when they are supposed to be unbiased. (I know AOL will put this in because they are "fair and balanced"). This is just a case of yet another candidtate getting a raw deal - PERIOD, whether it happened to a democrat, republican or independent.

November 02 2010 at 10:36 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
BRYAN STEILKIE

What jomarie119 misspeaks is the channel 28 station is partially funded by the Nwe Castle County Council. Who is the Executive of the County Council, wait for it.........Chris Coons, the candidate opposing Christine O'Donnell. Delaware resident.

November 02 2010 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Norma

Before we begin our whine about Sarah Palin....who is not running, let us concentrate more on the election fraud that is happening now. As an 8 generation native of Florida, I remember well the 2000 elections. I remember how the media reported about what they considered to be fraud in the election of George Bush to be our President. I remember how, in all their ridicule, they decided that 39 liberal newspapers were going to show up in Florida and recount the recount. A big deal was made of how the liberal newspapers were going to prove, by the recount, that Gore actually won the election. Well, after 6 recounts by those liberal newspapers, they discovered that George W. Bush actually did win the election. They also found out that the military vote (mostly for Bush) was not even counted in Florida, in that election. However, instead of reporting on both those facts, they just crept back North, with their tails between the legs, and kept their mouths shut about who actually won the election. SHAME ON THEM! Now, the military vote might not be counted again......I have two grandsons who are serving in the military, and if anyone is allowed to get away with not making the arrangements for our military to vote, then SHAME ON US! And, one more thing: I have always wondered why it is a fact that of all the voters who have trouble figuring out who to vote for, 99.99% of them are Democrats.

November 02 2010 at 9:18 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
jomarie119

As someone who actually lives in Delaware, Channel 28 is not run by the county. It is the local cable access channel run under the auspices of Comcast. Channel 22 is the local county/city information channel. If you are going to make accusations at least accuse correctly.

November 02 2010 at 9:07 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
maureenmac920

And to be clear.. one does not have to attend a Tea Party rally to actually BE a supporter of the Tea Party.. Why so much hate to those of us who want smaller government, more fiscal responsibility, less spending,etc. Where was the outrage when the ONE NATION RALLY in DC took place that had COMMUNISTS USA and other radical groups there who SUPPORT Obama??? Union Thugs.. you know,the " real " America , LOL Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkw7n9Qagu8&feature=channel

November 02 2010 at 9:06 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to maureenmac920's comment
worldlibabe

I'm sorry to say this, but she is not "just like me". I have a brain and I use it. What kind of politician is so arrogant that she and people like her feel they are above answering reporters questions? That to me is un american. How are we to know whaqt their true views are? I would NEVER vote for someone running for office who runs from legitimate questioning. Good luck everyone...don't forget to vote.

November 02 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
elennex

My only comment is really a question. When are we going to put none of the above on a primary ballot so we can eliminate the unqualified candiates from ever getting this far? I choose not to vote simply because I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. When the American people rather than political hacks select a worthy candidate we will have true governing by the people. I chose to exercise my American right not to vote. Look closely at the percentage of voters this election period and you will find less than 50 % of registered voters participate in these mid-term elections. That says a lot more than who won.

November 02 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse -8 rate up rate down Reply
galbraith1065

Can you imagine the wacko stuff she would be saying on that video. It might be funny to watch. Nothing better than some Taliban Tea partier going on and on and on. What a bunch of crap. I hope Social Security is ended just so all the Tea Baggers have to go back to work greeting people at Wal Mart.

November 02 2010 at 8:40 AM Report abuse -10 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to galbraith1065's comment
fewvmi

Gailbraith, your childish rant is partly the cause of why the liberals are going to get a can of butt whipping opened on them today. You can't be civil and, with a very broad sweep of your foul brush, manage to insult the entire senior citizenry of this country.

November 02 2010 at 9:26 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Richard

I agree with you, Galbraith. The conservative cry is Do what I say, not what I do. Hypocrisy without end.

November 02 2010 at 9:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Pete

Christine O'Donnell reminds me of the character Amanda Buckman in "Addams Family Values"... Amanda: "I'm going to be the victim!" Wednesday: "...your whole life."

November 02 2010 at 8:39 AM Report abuse -8 rate up rate down Reply
jymwrite

Does she mean the kind of dirty politics where one would imply your opponent was gay? Get things where they're supposed to be when you're supposed to have them there. Or must others follow the rules except you?

November 02 2010 at 8:30 AM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply

FEATURED VIDEO

Discover inspiring videos on TEDWomen where people are reshaping our future with ideas.

View the Video »