Is Charlie Crist Married?

Max Strasser
Charlie Crist, the current Republican governor of Florida, is running for Senate as an independent after losing the Republican primary to tea-party-backed candidate Marco Rubio. Crist and Rubio are in a close three-way race with Democratic four-term Congressman Kendrick Meek. As part of a Politics Daily series providing background about the major candidates in 2010, here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Crist's life.

Is Charlie Crist married?

Yes.

Who is Charlie Crist's wife?

Crist's wife is Carole Crist (nee Carole Oumano), formerly Carole Rome.

How old is Charlie Crist's wife?

Carole Crist is 41. She was born Oct. 20, 1969.

What does Charlie Crist's wife do for a living?

Carole Crist graduated from Georgetown University in 1991 with a degree in accounting. She was a financial auditor in New York City before she became president of her family's Halloween costume and gag-gift business, Franco American Novelty Co., in 2000 after her father's death. During her tenure at the company, Carole Rome helped transform the catalog into one featuring more form-fitting costumes. She is no longer employed at Franco American but still does consulting work for the family company. Carole Crist also holds numerous assets thanks to her first husband, Todd Rome. She also engages in some philanthropic work.

How long have Charlie Crist and his wife been married?

Crist and his wife have been married for almost two years. The couple wed on Dec. 12, 2008, in St. Petersburg, Fla., Gov. Crist's hometown.

How and when did Charlie Crist and his wife meet?

Crist met Carole Rome in September 2007 when they were seated next to each other at a dinner to discuss Republican fundraising at the upscale Italian restaurant Campagnola in Manhattan. The couple hit it off immediately and started dating. Nine months later, on July 3, Crist asked Rome to marry him. He gave her a sapphire engagement ring.

Were either Charlie Crist or his wife married before?

Both Crist and his wife were married before. In 1979, when Crist was a 23-year-old law student at Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Ala., he married Amanda Morrow, a sorority girl from Palm Beach County, Fla. Crist and Morrow divorced eight months later. Carole Crist was married to Todd Rome, the CEO of Blue Star Jets, for 14 years.

Does Charlie Crist have any children?

Crist does not have any children of his own, but his wife Carole Crist has two children: Skylar, 12, and Jessica, 14, from her first marriage to Todd Rome.

Also see:

How Old Is Charlie Crist?

What is Charlie Crist's Religion?

Latest Charlie Crist News and Information

Read Charlie Crist's full bio on his website.

80%

FEATURED VIDEO

View All »

Discover inspiring videos on TEDWomen where people are reshaping our future with ideas.

View the Video »

Politics Home Page : Roll Call