Sarah Palin: I Can Beat Obama

Not only is Sarah Palin considering a run for president in 2012, she's confident she can win.

The former Alaska governor told ABC News' Barbara Walters for a profile airing next month that she's trying to determine whether throwing her hat into the ring is a "good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family."

The 2008 vice presidential nominee also told The New York Times for a profile running in this weekend's magazine that she's "engaged in the internal deliberations" of mounting a campaign.

"If you ran for president, could you beat Barack Obama?" asked Walters.

"I believe so," Palin responded. The interview will air Dec. 9.

Related: Palin Rolls Out All-Media, All-the-Time Campaign

Palin told the Times that her biggest job would be to prove her record to voters.

"That's the most frustrating thing for me -- the warped and perverted description of my record and what I've accomplished over the last two decades," Palin said. "It's been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven't faced these criticisms the way I have."

A Gallup survey released last week found Palin might have a good chance of capturing the GOP nomination in 2012: fully 80 percent of Republicans polled had a positive opinion of her. But the poll showed she might have a harder time in the general election. Fully 81 percent of Democrats and 53 percent of independents viewed her unfavorably -- while fewer than four in 10 viewed her favorably.

oneinsignificant

I would rather vote for someone who is scientifically proven to stand a chance, and someone with a voting record that proves he is a real patriot and defender of this country. I am talking about Ron Paul.

March 23 2011 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oneinsignificant

I'd rather vote for a real candidate that can win. Ron Paul.

March 23 2011 at 3:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheila

I hope you run and try....Happy 2nd term for President Obama......The country will be thankful and the Far Right Wing will be buried.

January 21 2011 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ProN00b

If Sarah Palin ever got elected president I would bail from this country as fast as possible. I can't think of any other likely candidate I'd choose her over.

December 30 2010 at 12:03 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Reverend Dr.

The great amount of credit Palin assigns to President Obama appears that she believes him to be a superhuman with his ability to have his hand in everything that goes wrong in this country as well as others. To back up a bit: we were 8 years into the war when Obama took office; he is not the CEO of banks and mortgage companies. Obama IS: a compassionate president who has not only faced the raging war, but the BP oil spill, storms, N. Korea and Iran threats, broken educational systems, immigration concerns, and a myrid of other issues, threats, and concerns. I don't remember "professional juggler" on the list of requirements for president, but I do know that the most superhuman would need support in sorting through threats, war, the need for compassion with immigrants and much more. If Palin wants to be president, she needs to show that she can even one of the these things without blaming someone else for her actions and mistakes. She can't even defend her term as governor of Alaska without making excuses for how she has been portrayed. "Pity partys" work for some children, but can't be tolerated in a run for the presidency or in circumstances beyond one's control when in elected office. Simply stated, I'm tired of Sarah Palin and her excuses.

November 30 2010 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
luckandfate132

She barely has any real political experience and used to be the governor of Alaska, a frozen state with an economy the size of a pea compared to other states. How is she going to lead an entire nation? The only reason we're even considering her now is because of how often she's in the public eye for stuff that doesn't matter. I mean why do i know more about her family and her stupid tv show then about her political policies?

November 23 2010 at 12:04 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
angelwerewolf

I'm just going to remind everyone here that Sarah Palin cost John McCain the election. Not because she's a woman, not because she's conservative, but because she clearly has NO idea what she is doing. The only reason McCain even picked her was to try and win some of the votes from the Hillary crowd. Whether or not you like Obama, this woman in office would destroy this country from the inside out.

November 21 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to angelwerewolf's comment
cmmmets

I could not disagree with you more. Perhaps Palin was a little green at the start of the campaign, but she has certainly come a long way. Do you not realize that this women has more experience than obama. Has a better all around background. This women believes this Country is great, which it is. I believe someone like her could bring us back on the right track, pun intended. obama is the one taking us down the path of destruction.

November 22 2010 at 10:24 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Tony

She gets my vote.This woman is very intelligent. Look at all the so called experienced politicians we have in the house and senate....Now look at the mess we're in thanks to them...I just don't see where all their experience and expertise has helped this country at all....Talk about a lack of experience, look at the freshman senator that is now President...He's like a lost little puppy deep in the woods.

November 21 2010 at 9:01 AM Report abuse -7 rate up rate down Reply
jwtexas1

IF the major news networks: ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN, would stay out of the political scene and stop airing portions of statements and taking things out of context, and instead air the complete candidate's statement at any given time (instead of cutting out the beginning and ending statement) then we MIGHT have a clearer picture of what was actually said by the candidates. They, however, chose their favorite and do everything in their power to assure that individual's election. I do not trust any of them, therefore, as soon as a 'politically motivated' news item begans, I switch channels. I do not watch political ads either! The major news networks blast one individual and yet praise another who does the same exact thing, and vice versa. In short: most enlightened, thinking and intelligent individuals pay absolutely no attention and no longer trust the news. Unfortunately, there are many voters who believe absolutely what they see and hear, "because I saw it on TV"! Lord Acton said, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrpts absolutely. Great men are always bad men." Enough said!

November 19 2010 at 4:23 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kcw0809

Probably One of the Republicans that would guarantee Obama's Re-election. I voted for McCain but when she resigned as Governor it became clear to me, whatever her other flaws may be, she doesn't have the Mettle to survive the Rigors of the Presidency. If one can't handle Alaska one can't handle the World. (Even if one could handle Alaska it's hardly Proof of anything). She would be a Bigger Tool of the Far Right than George W., who at least said "No" sometimes. Not very often, but sometimes.

November 19 2010 at 1:13 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to kcw0809's comment
Don

It wasn't Alaska, it was the liberial media setting out to destroy, what they see as a threat. The same media that didn't and hasn't looked into Obama's past. They would rather do a hit piece on Palin than look into government waste and cronyism.

November 19 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse -7 rate up rate down Reply
Juanita

I agree... The pan got hot and she jumped out....what would she do to us....

November 21 2010 at 12:06 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply