Rush Limbaugh Calls Michelle Obama 'Hypocrite' for Eating Ribs

Now talk show host Rush Limbaugh is watching Michelle Obama's weight for her -- not that the first lady asked. He says she's a hypocrite for eating ribs and should stick to nuts and berries as part of her healthy eating initiative.

Mrs. Obama, on a skiing trip to Colorado this past weekend with daughters Sasha and Malia, enjoyed a meal of ancho chili short ribs, pickled pumpkin salad and kale, the Vail Daily reported.

That was way too much for Limbaugh, who, like fellow conservatives Sarah Palin and Rep. Michele Bachmann, is on Mrs. Obama's case for her healthy kids/anti-obesity campaign, which some right-wingers see as a sign of a nanny state.

"The problem is, and I dare say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice," Limbaugh said Monday on his syndicated radio program. "And then we hear that she's out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving and 141 grams of fat per serving."

Limbaugh was just getting warmed up. "She is a hypocrite. Leaders are supposed to lead," he said. "If we are supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we are supposed to eat roots, berries and tree bark, show us how."

The first lady has won widespread praise for her "Let's Move" campaign to curb obesity by encouraging healthy eating among kids. But she has also taken heat from some who think government has no business telling Americans what and how to eat.

"I'm trying to say our first lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue or of a woman [Yankees star] Alex Rodriguez might date every six months, or what have you," Limbaugh concluded.

No word on what Obama thinks about Limbaugh's broadsides or waistline. But from all indications she is happily married and not in the dating market. And she's also thought be a Chicago White Sox fan, so Rodriguez probably wouldn't make her list anyway.

Folo Tom Diemer on Twitter http://twitter.com/tomdiemer

latt913

zreil you said rush weighs in at 200 pounds...lmao....i'm 220 and rush has me by at least 90 pounds. 290 to 310 hes someplace in that range. man you can be a blind repub but we all got eyes man ..this guy is huge. and before he dieted he was a good 350

February 28 2011 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rnordvold1

I think the rotund Rush should watch his own waistline before he starts criticising those that are trying to make children healthier.

February 27 2011 at 6:08 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
MUMZI

Some people may think this is "politically incorrect", BUT, is everyone in the
Media BLIND? Have they EVER looked at her Backside? IT is HUGE!! How they could
EVER compare her as an equal to Jackie Kennedy is bizarre! I don't know if she
picks out her outfits or not; but, she certainly does not know how to dress!
Most pictures of her in her outfits are HORRIBLE! PLEASE, PLEASE, get her some
HELP! She is the First Lady of the U. S. and dresses like she has no clue as
to what she looks like in those awful outfits! When I read how "great shape she
is in", I cannot help but laugh! I'm not trying to "kick ideas around"; I'm
telling it like it is, which is NOT what the Country is hearing from the adoring
Press. You can ignore what I am saying because the Press doesn't want anything
written about her in a negative way; but, believe me, she needs to go on a diet
& workout the LOWER part of her body!

February 27 2011 at 5:53 PM Report abuse -11 rate up rate down Reply
louw95

Limbaugh must be back on illegal prescriptions or gaining too much weight to utter nonsense like that.

February 27 2011 at 5:43 PM Report abuse +10 rate up rate down Reply
rogermacdodger

I think this is another situation of do as I say "not" as I do.

February 27 2011 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blslover8

I don't recall seeing First Lady Barbara Bush on the cover of Sports Illustrated either.

February 27 2011 at 3:36 PM Report abuse +11 rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Very smart that you finally decided to screen comments as I was getting tired of thinking I was going to read quality discussion but instead get solicitations from "men in uniform". Love ya most of the time Rush, but things are out of hand. Anyone, dieting or not, can eat ribs or whatever they please. To try to enlighten people to eat better and make better choices "most of the time" doesn't mean that we can't ever eat pizza. The media is out of control. Before anyone makes sly remarks about how people look and whether they belong on the cover of magazine they should look straight down and decide whether THEY can see their own knees. LOOK IN THE MIRROR WORLD! Begin within. Don't criticize your neighbor.

February 27 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
zreil420

Like Rush has any room to talk. The guy rails against drug users when he's famous for abusing alcohol and prescription medicine. Then he rails on the First Lady for eating ribs when he looks like he hasn't eaten anything but pizza and soda for the last 20 years.

//Then you have not seen Rush lately, the guy weighs in at 200 pounds and is looking pretty fit//

Yeah, it's amazing what liposuction can do isn't it?

February 27 2011 at 3:14 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
rmansker

We need to start a boycott of Rush Limbaugh's sponsors.

ROBERT MANSKER

February 27 2011 at 2:05 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Eric Velazquez

I'm a Republican and I'm embarrassed by Limbaugh's comments and resent his classifying the First Lady's anti-obesity campaign as a Nanny State initiative. As a father, I'm GLAD that my kids will have better food available to them in school. I'll feed my kids what I want at home but for the hours that they're in school, stats say that something different needs to be done. And no, Rush, an order of ribs isn't the healthiest thing but I don't ever think she said to OMIT such indulgences...just to have our kids reduce their consumption of them.

February 27 2011 at 12:25 PM Report abuse +13 rate up rate down Reply